Healthcare professionals are doing more than ever to keep us healthy and safe. As they navigate uncharted territories with ever-changing protocols, their sacrifices are heroic and commendable.
Many people want to show their support to those working in hospitals and health organizations. Here are a few ways you can help them:
1. Donate supplies.
If you have any supplies that hospitals are in need of, please donate. Prioritized medical equipment include N95 masks, surgical masks, and isolation gowns. Learn more about the needed equipment and how you can help here: https://www.projectn95.com/
2. Donate blood.
There is currently a severe shortage of blood due to donation centers being closed. You can safely donate blood with the American Red Cross during this time: https://www.redcross.org/
3. Direct assistance.
There are numerous ways to donate money that will help medical workers. Here are a few:
- Direct Relief. Funds will go towards masks, gloves, and gowns for healthcare organizations: https://www.directrelief.org/emergency/coronavirus-outbreak/
- CDP Response Fund to support healthcare workers and vulnerable individuals: https://disasterphilanthropy.org/
- Flexport is working to collect funds for relief items: https://flexport.org/donate/
- Go Fund Me Fundraisers. Go Fund Me has developed a page dedicated to fundraisers and individuals in need: https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/covid19
4. Call first.
If you have an upcoming appointment, call your doctor or healthcare facility to determine if it can happen virtually. If you feel symptomatic, you should also call first to learn the next steps for testing. Find more information here: https://www.ynhhs.org/patient-care/covid-19.aspx
5. Follow social distancing protocol.
Healthcare personnel are working nonstop for us. We can stay home for them. When you do have to go out, stay a minimum of six feet away from others and frequently wash your hands.
6. Don’t forget the little things.
Sometimes, a small gesture can significantly impact someone’s day. If you know someone in the health industry, check in to see how they are doing, send a meal from a local restaurant, or share your thanks for all they are doing.
1 thought on “6 Ways to Help Healthcare Professionals Right Now”
I love this!! 💜💜
Comments are closed.