Getting a home ready to sell is a big task.
When done well, preparation makes a significant difference both in how quickly a house sells, and how much it sells for.
For those who want to sell in 2020 or 2021, now is an excellent time to prep your house. Here are some projects you can complete right now.
Most people are cleaning an extra amount right now. A deep clean goes beyond disinfecting surfaces in your home, and gets into all the unseen, hard to reach spaces. Here’s a list of projects you can start to tackle:
- Descale faucets and shower heads.
- Wipe down ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Clean out and wipe down all cabinets and drawers.
- Sanitize garbage cans.
- Wipe down all electronics.
- Clean out and wipe down the refrigerator and freezer.
- Scrub your stove and clean the inside of the oven.
- Deep clean your dishwasher.
- Scrub tile group.
- Clean vents and baseboards.
- Wash windows, window tracks, and screens.
- Clean blinds.
People are always surprised at how much stuff they hold on to. Start organizing room by room, donating or getting rid of items you don’t need. Doing so now will make moving much easier. For items you do keep, shelving and bins can make your home feel clutter-free.
As the weather warms up, there is plenty to do to increase your curb appeal. You can:
- Rake and remove leaves and debris.
- Sweep patio and deck.
- Clean and prepare planters.
- Prune shrubs.
- Clean patio furniture.
- Wash siding of house.
Begin to take notice and write down any jobs you want to complete. You may be able to take care of some of these now. For others, may want to wait until you can get the right supplies. Pay attention to:
- Walls and trim that need fresh paint.
- Lighting fixtures to be replaced.
- Faucets, hinges, and other small fixes throughout the house.
- Grout that needs to be replaced.
Even if you don’t plan on selling anytime soon, maintaining your home every year is essential! What home projects are you finishing right now?